Looking to turn your camper van into more than just something that gets you from A to B? Living the remote work van life means that you need a campervan to be your second home, the place that feels comfortable but can also career from Cairns to Cape York.
This is why you need some of the best van conversion companies in Australia. There’s plenty on this list, and whether you are going from north to south, Queensland to Tasmania, we’ll show you every single van conversion company that will turn your van from limp to luxurious!
Skip ahead to your location:
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Whatever type of van you’ve got, the right van conversion company will work with you to turn your van from vision to reality.
NSW New South Wales
A Taree South-based company, Jacana has a 15-year history in the marine industry, making it a natural fit for your campervan conversion, specialising in a wide range of campervans, from corporate vehicles to large motorhomes.
Phone: +61 (2) 6551 7706
- Flexibility on inclusions and design options
- Provides different parts, such as fridges, freezers, 4 x 4 parts, stoves and ovens
- High-end vehicles are available to buy, such as VW and Mercedes
Based in Mudgee, NSW, Australia, owners Michael and Emma started by converting their own camper van and were quickly asked to build bespoke and unique campers.
- Service a range of brands, including Fiat Ducato, Ford Transit vans, Mercedes Sprinter conversions, Toyota Coasters, and VW Crafter.
- Conversion is custom-made to suit individual needs, styles, and budgets.
- Every interior is always hand crafted to accommodate any type of layout.
An amazing way to customise your van build, you have the opportunity to create the van of your dreams. Whether you want to soup up your Ford E Series with roof racks or your Rossmönster vans need a whole new selection of van specialties, you can reach Roaming Wild Campers at the following:
Phone: +61 (0) 475 865 732
Xcentrix has over ten years of experience, expertise, and creativity in the motorhome industry providing service to customers in Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Northern NSW. Based on the Tweed Coast in NSW, their speciality is in high-end van conversion packages and executive transport.
- They build to the highest specifications.
- Focus on comfort, economy, and luxury.
- Tailored to the customer’s exact needs.
Whether you are looking to upgrade your Sprinter van or your Ford Transits need to get back in transit, and you want to contact Xcentrix for your van conversion needs, their contact details are:
Phone: +61 (0) 0431 314 052
Owner Mark Atkins has over ten years in custom fit-outs around Sydney, and after creating the perfect travel van for himself many other people were soon asking for his services, creating campervans for the endless travel experience.
- Customisable van packages, including the “Medium Wheel Base” consisting of a bed, kitchen, shower and more; or the “Long Wheel Base” including cabinets and drawers.
- A high-profile camper van company, with appearances on many media outlets including Triple M.
- Easy-going service with great attention to craftsmanship to help you live your van dreams.
If you are looking for custom conversions or you need full conversions for your Ford E Series, Sprinter Van, or anything you need you can reach out to Mark and his team.
Based in West Gosford, NSW, Camper Craft has a fully-equipped workshop to carry out van conversions as well as repairs and installation of parts and accessories from their well-stocked showroom.
- Provides a fully customised campervan conversion solution.
- Uses all materials and products, providing peace of mind that the conversion was made with durable and quality products on the market.
- Provides conversions on a wide range of high-end campervans, including Renault Master and the Mercedes Benz Sprinter van.
If you want to contact Camper Craft, you can reach them on their website.
Phone: +61 (2) 4322 7444
Based in Cardiff, Vanlife Conversions is owned by a qualified auto electrician and self-taught cabinet maker who wanted to offer people a tailored service that offers custom van builds, but also a service that customers could feel a part of.
- Dedicated custom van conversions.
- Direct input from customers to create their ideal camper van.
- Their work covers a variety of van models and can offer simple fit-outs, such as lights – to detailed custom conversions, like off-grid electrical systems, fridges, and kitchens.
If you want to contact Vanlife Conversions, you can reach them via their website, or give them a call for more information on van builds.
Phone: +61 (0) 438 771 124
South Coast Van Fitouts began modestly, but since its start in the front yard in Kiama Downs, NSW, demand spiralled and attracts clients from all over Australia.
- Priding themselves on every job having a unique and bespoke touch, no two designs are the same!
- A variety of experience on Sprinter and transit vans, their camper van conversions are highly sought after!
- They also provide merchandise, such as bottle openers and hoodies.
You can reach them via their website or check them out on Instagram
Instagram: Visit their Instagram page to see some of their camper van conversions.
Owners Andrew and Jamie started their camper van conversion journey after converting their own van in their apartment car park. Since then, they have expanded their desire to combine their design and creativity skills to create, in their words, “unique, quirky yet beautiful vans.”
- Quirky and unique designs, which are perfect for anyone looking to communicate their own sensibilities in their camper van.
- Their camper van conversion services include a whole manner of installations to reinvigorate your van’s layout, including insulation, floors, ceilings and walls, bed frames and much more.
- In addition to full conversions, they can add any custom build features you would like, from projector setups for streaming services or even quirkier ideas, such as a LED-lit dartboard.
If you are interested in their completely unique custom builds, you can reach them via their website.
The core of the Built for Advanture van conversion company is Jesse and Samantha, who provide a family-focused approach to their van conversions, offering dedication to excellent craftsmanship to create beautiful and functional camper vans.
- Focusing on a “no corners cut” approach, they are a van conversion company that prides itself on the high quality of their conversions.
- Completely focused on custom van conversions for the customer, they are one of the few camper van conversion companies that focuses on customer relations.
- The unique combination of Jesse’s cabinet making and carpentry background and Sam’s eye for detail and design makes for a company that can help you live your best van life!
If you are looking for one of the great van conversion companies out there, you can reach them via their website or phone.
Phone: +61 (0) 432065896
Based in Torquay, Victoria, Vanlife Diaries owners Jared and Sam started out with Instagram likes and a dream that culminated in Vanlife gatherings, where they fitted out several custom vans and now operate on four continents.
- They provide an array of creative and innovative design solutions to upgrade your camper van to meet your needs.
- Taking a collaborative approach, Jared and Sam take sketch ideas to help you formulate the ultimate camper van for your needs.
- Vanlife Conversions converts camper vans around the whole of Australia and can organise an interstate pick up and delivery, regardless of where the customer is.
A van conversion company that is purpose-built for the traveller, they practice what they preach, and even Dusty (Jonny Dustow), the co-founder of Vanlife Diaries lives in his Mercedes Sprinter full time on the east coast of Australia. If you want to find out more about their journey and to book a custom van conversion.
Gold Coast Campervans have a mission to create the perfect van for van enthusiasts, focusing on their specific needs and requests, and creating custom vans that suit an individual’s personal style.
- Wide-ranging experience in converting many camper vans, such as 4WDs, small vans, large vans, coaster buses, trailers, trucks, and caravans.
- Convert camper vans for customers with a wide range of ambitions, whether they are travelling around Australia, going on long weekends, travelling for businesses, or are recreational vehicle carriers, as well as many more.
- Their diverse range of builds includes fitting fibreglass pop-top/high roof conversions, installing 12v & 240v electrical systems, installing gas heaters, heating/cooling systems, solar, and water tanks; and also custom upholstery, cabinetry, and awnings.
A company that provides a whole manner of personalised solutions to help people live their best van life. If you are looking for a full conversion, or you want to see some of their previous builds, you can visit their website at:
Southern Spirit Campervans started 10 years ago in Brisbane that does full and part campervan conversions, and removable conversions, and also provide an online shop with numerous van parts for people who are happier doing their own DIY van conversion or basic conversions.
- Offers full, part and removable conversions, as well as repair, improvements and insurance work, in addition to interior work like their curtain sewing service, special foam mattresses, and their fabric covers and upholstery service.
- Offers services such as the Pop Top and Hitop roof conversion supply and fit, and specialised products as diverse as rear tents, driver cabin louvre air vents, and sun and fly screens for a truly custom van build.
- Provides additional specialised services, like an engineer and modification plates for seats and roofs, a secondary battery system, and has LH11, LPG and 240V certificates to conduct this type of work.
If you are looking for a service that offers a diverse range of services for your camper van, and basic conversions start at a very modest price.
Promoting themselves as a design-led camper van conversion company, Wanderlust Campers, owned by Phil Patterson and based on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, create luxury camper van conversions with premium materials that are chosen for their aesthetic and superior performance, while also focusing on longevity.
- Offering a range of camper van conversions on a range of base vehicles, such as the Mercedes Sprinters, they work on creating camper vans as dual-purpose vehicles, offering an Australian service at a California cost!
- Their 18 years of expertise in the camper van manufacturing industry highlights a focus on the detail within camper vans, with every material being evaluated for weight, durability, and aesthetics.
- They also give significant consideration to ergonomics and functionality to create superior living and sleeping spaces and can deliver their camper van conversions around the whole of Australia.
More than just building vans, Wanderlust Campers prides themselves on creating completely custom van fit-outs that can do so much for functionality and the aesthetics of your Ford Transits, your Chevy Express, Nissan NV, or your Rossmönster vans. If you want to find out more, you can visit them at:
Phone: +61 (0) 406 636 632
Tiny Home Campers is a company that focused on unique and completely personalised designs, and provides the focus on functionality while living off-grid, but also ensures that, with unique styling, it makes people feel like they are at home.
- Custom conversions that elevate typical van builds beyond sheer and design and gives consideration to every single aspect of styling and functionality.
- Attention to detail with every single van build, with all conversion costs going into the upgrade of your adventure wagon.
- Experience with a unique approach, based on the owner’s journey over to Australia from England in 2009, and focuses his work on the off-grid existence, providing attention to detail that stemmed from his own build, “Edna.”
Providing a range of services for owners of Mercedes Sprinters, and van models as diverse as the Chevy Express, Aspen custom vans, and Rossmönster vans, you can guarantee your outside van will look as spectacular as the interior, and you can live off-grid in your best van life! If you want to find out more about one of the most considerate camper van conversion companies, you can head to:
Red Dog Campers & RVs is a family-owned and operated camper van conversion company on the Arundel Gold Coast that specialises in a variety of builds on every type of camper van, as well as provide additional work on motorhomes, RVs, caravans, and 4x4s.
- Offering custom conversions for your camper van, Red Dog Campers & RV’s work alongside customers to create a unique camper van with a highly technically skilled and qualified in-house team to customise the van build specifically to their needs.
- With a dedication to modification, Red Dog Campers & RV’s are always happy to modify customers’ vans to meet their needs, from a camper van that doesn’t quite get the right result to an Overland van project that needs a number of van specialities, they provide attention to detail.
- They also focus on providing quick and efficient repairs whether it’s a minor scuff right through to major damage, they are dedicated to providing help to Sprinter vans, Freedom vans, and everything in between.
Whether you are looking for Mercedes Sprinter conversions or you need to fine-tune your camper van to make it look more like you pictured it.
Phone: +61 (0) 405 046 727
Providing a service for all types of travellers, The Campervan Man is based out of Adelaide, and provides a dedication to top-tier service without, as they state, “having to sell one of your kidneys.” Based in Bowden, their approach is to offer the spirit of freedom to every customer.
- Offering a customisable service, wherever your van location, bringing your camper van to means a service where Sprinter vans or specific van specialties can be completely reinvigorated to meet customers’ needs.
- Provides major parts to upgrade the vehicle’s functionality, such as a solar panel or conventional dual battery system, as well as their internal components, such as fridge connections, 240v power, and can install side awnings to provide shade as well as pop-up roofs.
- Offers a collaborative approach to customers, and have a dedication to working with the customer based on their ideas and visions, and can work out how they will provide support based on their conversion kits.
If you are looking for a custom build that is focused on your needs, but you want a package that has your best interests at heart, you can visit the website or call to find out more about how they can help.
Phone: +61 (0) 459 287 180
Based in Welshpool, Dove Camper Conversions has a long and illustrious history. Since 1968, Dove Camper Conversions have been dedicated to producing quality conversions that have stood the test of time due based on their exceptional craftsmanship.
- Dove Camper Conversions brings a considered approach to custom builds, and the team designs a vehicle to perfectly suit an individual’s requirements, giving careful thought not just to aesthetics, but to both form and function as well.
- The team of tradesmen use only the best materials chosen for their superior performance and exceptional design, which results in a beautiful looking camper van but also has excellent performance and functionality so it can last much longer.
- Dove Camper Conversions have expertise and knowledge of the latest technology to ensure that the customer has comprehensive insight into the entire process to create the perfect camper van.
Providing support for camper van enthusiasts to realise their dream vehicle, as well as offering support for commercial businesses, Dove Camper Conversions prides itself on offering a service that is unparalleled in the West of Australia.
If you want to find out more about how they can upgrade your Sprinter van or how their custom builds can help you, you can visit them at:
Phone: +61 (08) 9355 5855
GoExploreVans is based in Wangara, Perth, and focus on the home aspect of converting camper vans, and aim to make it more than just a camper van, but make it your own personalised home and supply custom-built campers to people all across Australia.
- Offers a collaborative approach to help customers realise their vision and are dedicated to working with the customer based on their ideas and visions, and will work out how they can progress together to create the ideal camper van
- The conversion is custom-made to suit anyone’s needs, styles, and budgets.
- Beyond full conversions, they can add certain custom-build features to suit your needs, and have a variety of specialists to help with this.
Finding the right camper van conversion company is about ensuring you can work with someone to realise your vision. If you want to see their previous projects you can either visit their website or phone.
Phone: +61 (0)408712707
Providing custom-designed built motorhomes and camper vans, AHA Motorhomes offers a whole range of special services to help anyone live their best van life.
- Offers full, part, and removable conversions, and specialised interior work.
- Provides specialised services to meet a camper van enthusiast’s needs, such as roof conversions.
- Highly skilled specialists can provide detailed service to ensure top-tier work.
Camper van conversion companies need to provide a specialised service, and AHA Motorhomes are no exception! If you want to reach out to them you can contact them on social media by visiting them on Facebook
If you’re a van conversion company and not on our list, reach out to be added 🙂